If you're suffering from neck pain after an auto accident, you may have suffered a whiplash injury. At Spine One Chiropractic Center, our chiropractor can effectively treat your injury and provide you with relief from your symptoms without the risks of surgery or the dangers of medications. For the convenience of our patients, we provide chiropractic care and treatment at our clinics in Cherry Hill, Atlantic City, Egg Harbor City, and Northfield
What is Whiplash?
A whiplash injury occurs when a sudden force moves a person's head backward and then forward. It is most often suffered in car accidents or contact sports. The injury occurs when muscles and ligaments in the neck are forcefully stretched past their ordinary range of motion. It is not unusual for whiplash symptoms to take a few hours or even a few days to become apparent.
As soon as whiplash symptoms begin to develop, they should be treated with chiropractic care immediately. Here are some of the common symptoms of a whiplash injury:
- Neck pain with accompanying loss of range of motion of the neck and head.
- Headaches that originate at the base of the skull.
- Upper back pain.
- Arm pain
- Tingling and weakness in extremities.
- Ringing in the ears.
Chiropractic Treatment for Whiplash
Our chiropractor will likely use a variety of techniques for the treatment of a whiplash injury. Here are some of the techniques we often use:
- Spinal Adjustments: As a result of a whiplash injury, spinal joints become misaligned. Spinal adjustments involve gently repositioning those joints back to where they belong.
- Muscle Stimulation: Whiplash causes muscle dysfunction in the neck. Our chiropractor will gently stretch affected muscles to increase the blood flow to them, relax them, and heal them. Pressure techniques might also be used to relax knotted muscles that are in spasm. Massage therapy might also be prescribed to stretch and rehabilitate affected muscles.
- Exercises for Stabilization: Once your affected body parts are put back in place, they must remain in place. Exercises strengthen the muscles that help keep joints in place. These exercises can be performed at home and ensure you experience the full benefits of chiropractic care.
Visit Our Chiropractor Today
If you're suffering from the pain and decreased range of motion of a whiplash injury, our chiropractor at Spine One Chiropractic Center is ready to assist you. For your convenience, we maintain chiropractic clinics in Cherry Hill, Atlantic City, Egg Harbor City, and Northfield. If left unaddressed, whiplash injuries can lead to chronic pain and an impaired range of motion. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at (888) 888-9260.